Pages

That girl who-kissed-a-guy-who-didn't-return-it

'I kissed him'. There I said it. It was just a kiss and nothin' more. Did not wait for him to kiss back. And that was my first kiss.

Has anyone ever had a perfect first kiss? Or people just thought it was perfect just because it was the first? Leaving you to ponder about that, I want to talk about the only thing I want to talk about ever - Me. What could better a first post than a first post about first kiss?


I was 11 or 12 then and it was my then best friend's friend, who was a neighbor as well. Yes, I have that streak in me - no not that making out with the friend's brother/friend thing, that kissing first streak - erm.. I think that thing for a friend's friend as well. Had, I meant had.. I had a thing for friend's friends. Not now (hey don't run away, we could be good friends).

Anyway, it didn't end well. He told his friends (including that best friend) and of course I told all my friends (including that best friend). See I am not as bad as you thought, I do kiss but never go behind anyone's back (no, no pun intended). His friends and my friends discussed and shared notes and found out exactly what I was saying them true - I kissed him and he didn't kiss back. I still say - no it didn't matter then or now. (And no, I don't harass people like that anymore and I am not a bad person). I never realized that it could stop me exercising my kissing prowess for next few years. 

At that time, the only thing I was actually worried about the story spreading around my classroom was what if someone tells my favorite teacher and what if he didn't make me the class monitor the next term. God knows why everything had to be related to the most coveted monitor role? (see I had my priorities all right?) I did not become the monitor the next term because I was "called" talkative (who could imagine?)

Well back to the story, I became that girl who-kissed-a-guy-who-didn't-return-it, for about two weeks until a girl fell down from the swing and broke her nose. Then my kiss became history and no one cared. Except me - I still kiss guys first and don't wait for them to kiss back, I learnt an important lesson(s) that week.

  • You can kiss a guy just because - no (apparently you can't do that anymore, unless you are a stupid 11, 12 year old)
  • You can make out with your friend's friend - no (you can, but you may not - no idea who makes these damn rules)
  • Guys may not love (kiss) you back - erm.. Yes (but I didn't learn that till I was too old for that shit)
And the right answer is :
  • There is always another girl who might fall from the swing and break her nose (no mom, I didn't push her from the swing)
  • Kiss and don't tell - especially if he did not kiss you back - YES !
But guess what, this is not the story I share, when other people (aka people whom I don't wanna kiss first) ask about my first kiss. I tell them about rain, ice creams or equally boring and usual - just what they want to hear. Yes, I am that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...