Today was one of those really bad days. The kinda day when the tear droplets are ready to flow down at less than a moment's notice. The kinda day when you realize that there is no point in doing anything and everything in the world sucked.
And of course, it had to rain cats and dogs. Not to mention, it spoiled all my plans to go to the beach to cheer myself up.
But then, I suddenly realized even when everything seemed gloomy there were things that I should be grateful about. I am really thankful for
- that friend of mine, who had spent an hour giving me a hard time about meeting me, but the second he realized my voice faltered over the call, dropped everything and rushed to meet me - even while it rained so hard. He spent hours hearing my sob stories for a while and then changed the topic to embarrassing stories about ourselves and sending me back home after hours with all smiles on my face.
- that other friend of mine who transferred me cash by 12 AM - no questions asked, knowing very well that I might change my mind about borrowing from him when I wake the next morning.
- my mom - for telling me to go out and cheer myself up and that she would manage dad - right an hour after I fought with them ending up saying that they might be the worst parents ever.
No, the day has not changed better - but these people at least helped me put things into perspective. Thank you is all I can think of.
No comments:
Post a Comment